Fancy something sweet? You are going to love this recipe as you only need 5 minutes to make the perfect hot dessert, all served up in a cute little espresso mug.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Cuisine: Desserts
- 4 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 orange zest
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg – beaten
- 40ml espresso (1 Nespresso capsule espresso measure)
- 1 tbsp almond oil or your choice vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp orange and ginger chocolate chips, or your choice chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconuts flakes
- Into a small bowl add: flour, sugar, cocoa, ground ginger, orange zest, baking powder, egg, espresso, almond oil and salt. Mix to combine.
- Pour mixture into a coffee mug. Drop chocolate chips into the centre of the mixture.
- Cook in the microwave on high for 1 minute and 10 seconds. This recipe will rise a lot and then deflate. If needed (if the cake batter is still gooey), microwave on high for up to an additional 30 seconds. Microwave strength varies, so adjust accordingly. The cakes should be cooked, but very moist, and a bit gooey in the middle.
- Add some coconuts flakes to garnish and serve