At first glance, this may look like just another chocolate brownie recipe, but this one uses olive oil instead of butter, giving it a rich melt-in-your-mouth texture. Great with a cup of coffee for an afternoon treat.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- 30g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 150 ml olive oil
- 100 ml almond milk
- 200g wholewheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 225g cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 100g chopped walnuts
- orange zest
- dark and white chocolate chips
- icing sugar (garnish)
- lemon zest (garnish)
- edible lavender flowers (garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Place all ingredients, except the walnuts and chocolate chips, into a food processor or a high speed blender and mix until smooth.
- Add the chopped walnuts and the chocolate chips and then mix with a wooden spoon.
- Take a deep pan or baking dish, lightly coat with olive oil and then pour in your brownie mixture up to a height of about 2 cm.
- Bake in the oven for 20 mins.
- Allow to cool and then garnish with icing sugar, the lemon zest and lavender flowers.