Find out more
- COMPOSTABLE & BIODEGRADABLE COFFEE PODS: Our Lungo Compostable Coffee Capsules and eco coffee pod range for Nespresso® machines offers a simple plastic-free swap that tastes exceptional. Compatible with Nespresso® original drop-through machines (excl. Expert), they’re produced using renewable energy & made using waste wood bark from the European paper industry. Place them in your council food waste bin (or home compost them but this is extremely dependent on optimal composting conditions and presence of the correct micro-organisms). For more info, visit our “Compostable Coffee Capsule FAQ” page.
- NATURE-FRIENDLY, FAMILY FARMED ARABICA COFFEE: Our Lungo pod is full of unique character thanks to the delicious blend of speciality Red & Yellow Bourbon coffee beans, lovingly nurtured and hand-harvested by our smallholder farmers in the mountains and highlands of El Salvador & Brazil. Blended to suit a longer coffee, you’ll enjoy a well-balanced, full-bodied Lungo with a bold aroma and fruity notes cutting through, with a shot of warmed milk creating some lovely chocolate & nutty flavours.
- SPECIALITY ARABICA COFFEES & 10% MORE COFFEE: From our coffees to our plastic free capsules, our new Blue Goose speciality coffee eco pod range proves just how good capsule coffee *should* taste. They also contain 10% more of the finest speciality Arabica coffees than standard Nespresso® capsules too, giving you a wonderful mug of coffee each and every time without the guilt!
- CAPSULE PERFORMANCE GUARANTEED: Our capsules are designed for maximum performance in Nespresso® machines. In fact, they perform better than many plastic and Aluminium-compatible pods (non-Nespresso®) so we’ll guarantee their performance or give you your money back. They are also oxygen-sealed to keep our wonderful coffees fresh for 12 months, but you’ll definitely not wait that long to drink them all up!
- GROWER PREMIUMS & CHARITY DONATIONS: Farmed sustainably and in harmony with the environment, the premium we pay our growers for their highest-quality speciality coffee beans allows them to invest in their livelihoods, families and communities. Sip by sip you will also be helping us support water and wildlife projects in our origins, including one that protects the Abyssinian Blue-Winged Goose, which is the inspiration for our range and brand!
Welcome to the Blue Goose…a new breed of coffee capsule
Performing just like any ‘Original Line’ Nespresso® capsule, place our plastic-free, compostable eco coffee pods & lid into your council food waste bin and they’ll be processed into compost or liquid fertilizer within around 12 weeks, unlike Aluminium & plastic coffee capsules that take 200-500 years to degrade in landfill (according to Nespresso®, just 21% of theirs are recycled so in 2016 that means approximately 268 million were thrown into landfill or burnt for energy!).
That’s an incredible legacy per cup, so follow the Blue Goose to enjoy the welcome lift that comes from drinking delicious coffee while playing your part for our planet.
Coffee with a conscience
Nick and I wanted to match our eco coffee pods eco-credentials with the finest capsule coffee experience. So we naturally selected Speciality grade Arabica coffee, for which we pay our smallholder farming cooperatives and growers a premium beyond the Fairtrade Minimum Price.
Not only does this greater income help our growers build their livelihoods so their families and local communities can thrive into the future, but their amazing speciality coffee allows us all to appreciate just how good capsule coffee should taste, with no aluminium or plastic capsule in sight thanks to our eco coffee capsules!
Sip by sip, you are also helping us support water and wildlife projects in our origins.
Our eco coffee capsules are manufactured using renewable energy and all our recyclable packaging is printed using vegetable inks and made from sustainably-sourced cardboard.
Your order & support
Each order includes 40 oxygen-tight compostable & biodegradable eco coffee pods so will sit nicely in your preferred capsule holder, staying fresh thanks to their 12-month shelf-life. As a small business, we really value you, our customers, so always respond personally.
We hope you enjoy each and every cup!
Nick & Lex
Blue Goose Co-founders